Sunday, May 29, 2011

A Typical Morning

Layla organized the pantry today.


She is always helping us like that.


Then, while I was picking up all of the little tidbits of chaos all over the floor, Layla ran over to my grain and flour canisters and started a game of This 'N That.


For those of you who have never played This 'N That, it goes a little something like this...

Layla: (pointing to canister) "This?"
Me: "This is quinoa."
Layla: (pointing to lentils) "That?"
Me: "Those are lentils."
Layla: (pointing to soy flour) "That?"
Me: "That's flour."
Layla: (pointng to quinoa) "This?"
Me: "Quinoa."
Layla: (pointing to another canister) "That?"
Me: "Adzuki."
Layla: "Poop!"


Sorry darlin, it's not poop.


Finally, it was on to the most brilliant idea I've ever heard of: ziploc bag painting.  I saw another mom write about it on her blog, and she must be a total genius or something.


You squirt some paint in a ziploc baggie, close the seal, and let the kids paint away with fingers, Q-tips, anything that won't rip the plastic.  No mess.  I love it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker