I've been thinking it's about time to wean Layla off her twice daily bottles and drink out of a cup like the other big kids. Since you can't live your entire life having your milk served to you warmed to the perfect temperature by your mom or dad while lying down on a soft pillow, I think it's time to give up the bottle before she becomes too attached to it. Besides, she's been drinking juice out of a cup for a long time now, should be no problem, right?
I've encountered 4 main problems with this trial:
1. Cold milk out of a cup makes her gag
2. Room temperature milk out of a cup makes her gag
3. Warm milk out of a cup makes her gag
4. Anything besides juice ("djoos") out of a cup makes her gag
To ease the transition, I thought I would introduce cold milk in her bottle, so maybe I could get her to drink it cold from a sippy cup. However, she was on to me. She took a few sips, pulled the bottle out of her mouth, scrunched up her face, pointed at the bottle, and said "that?". I told her it was milk. But she didn't buy it.
Then she walked over and tried to "feed" the bottle to her cat while making little lip smacks.
Well played, Layla.

No comments:
Post a Comment