Tuesday, May 10, 2011

$15 Challenge - April 24 to May 1

For our 2nd week of $15 fun, we drove to Hobby Lobby for some arts & crafts materials.  It was still very rainy out this week so I wanted to do some painting indoors.  I used a coupon to get more for our money.  In our haul:
  • 4 tubes of fingerpaint
  • 2 packs of fuzzy pom poms
  • 1 pack of foam shape stickers
  • 1 pack of colored popsicle sticks
  • 1 pack of colored wooden cutouts
  • googly eyes
  • 2 packs of pipe cleaners
  • glue
  • 1 bag of flour for making play dough
 We started with the fingerpaint.


I thought that this would safely keep her entertained for at least 20-30 minutes.  I completely overestimated.



Within 10 seconds, she had started putting on war paint.


 30 seconds.



1 minute, 30 seconds.  By this point, she started crawling toward me and trying to jump into my lap.  I grabbed her under her armpits, holding her as far away from me as I could and sat her bottom back down on the newspaper rug.  Then she stood up again and put her hands all over the cabinets.  Finger painting was over, and bathtime was about to begin.


We did manage to get 2 beautiful paintings, though.  Unfortunately Mommy was a flake and marked the date with the wrong year (2010)!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker