Sunday, May 15, 2011

How I spent my Sunday afternoon

Couponing & playing the Drugstore Game!  Our budget is so tight now that I'm not working, and I need to put my smarts to good use to save as much as possible on household products and buy when I can get rock-bottom prices.  You can score great deals at drugstores and get many items for free or less than $1 if you do your homework.  Armed with my ads, coupons, and loyalty bucks, I made trips to CVS and 2 Walgreens stores today.  Here is my haul...this is the best trip yet:


According to my receipts, these items were valued at $235.18 retail.  After sale prices, coupons, and loyalty bucks, I spent just $85.69 for these items.  Oh, and I got back $35.00 in loyalty bucks to use on future trips, so it's really like spending $50.69.  A 78% savings!  And they were all on name brand products that we would normally buy.

  • 13 bottles of body wash
  • 11 bottles of shampoo/conditioner
  • 7 sticks deoderant
  • 2 tubes toothpaste
  • 2 tubes baby sunscreen
  • 1 pkg bar soap
  • 1 bottle laundry detergent
  • 3 pks scotch tape
  • 1 bag chips
  • 2 lunchables sandwiches
  • 4 boxes granola bars 
We are now sufficiently stockpiled to last through natural disasters (or possible zombie apocalypse)!  Seriously, if anyone needs to take a shower at our house, I've got you covered.  Now I have to go find places to put all this crap...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker