Monday, May 23, 2011

$15 Challenge - May 15 to 23

Last week, we spent our $15 on a book shopping trip to Borders after enjoying a nice afternoon at a nearby park.  Since I had a 50% off coupon, we were able to pick out 2 books.

First, we found a little board book about monkeys drumming.  It has a really nice rhyme to it, and is super fun if you read it very fast with a rhythem to it.  Instant hit with Layla.  She started dancing while I was reading it, so I got out her drum/tambourine and we used that in combination with reading the book.  Layla finally knows where her hands are, so next we will try to learn fingers & thumbs.

Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb, Al Perkins, Other Format

We also picked out the book, "I'm a Shark" by Bob Shea.  It's about a boastful shark, who is not afraid of anything (except spiders).

I’m a Shark, Bob Shea, Hardcover

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker