Amazingly, there are several kids in Layla's playgroup circle that are under the age of 2 that are off diapers during the daytime already. When I asked the moms how they did it, they all replied that they casually introduced a potty to their child sometime between the age of 12-18 months, and let them play with it and sit on it naked before and after baths, etc. As the primary diaper changer these days, I was intrigued. Enough to log onto Amazon.com that very evening and order little 15-month-old Layla a potty. We went with the no-frills white Baby Bjorn model. I love all our other BB products, and this potty was high-rated above all others for "easy to clean", which is very important since kids potty chairs generally gross us out and give us the creeps. Besides, I think if I had to look in my bathroom every day at a pink Disney Princess potty chair that lights up and plays music every time the kid does their business and closes the lid, I think I would quickly go crazy.
Let me just preface this by saying that my expectations are really low, since I know that all kids do things in their own time when they are good and ready (and because I am currently failing miserably in bottle & juice weaning). But if by some miracle Layla is potty-trained by the age of 2, I reserve the right to be really smug about it. Here is her new "throne":

No comments:
Post a Comment