Later on in the week, I took Layla to City Museum in downtown St. Louis. $12 gets you an adult ticket, and kids under 3 are free. The museum is mostly geared toward older kids since it is basically like a giant jungle gym with kids climbing everywhere. Layla did have fun running around the big open spaces and looking at all the stuff that is hanging all over the place.
Why is it that kids, no matter where you are, always manage to find the single most foul & disgusting thing in the general area and gravitate toward it? For example, we can be at the park playing on the playground and Layla will walk back over to me with a dirty diaper or a cigarette butt that she found on the ground. Or the dog dishes I found her playing in at a friend's house over the weekend. In the case here at the museum, it was a giant rink filled with sponges. Which she became completely obsessed with and wouldn't let me drag her out of there.
The pictures don't do it justice, they were everywhere. According to WebMD, kitchen sponges are the #1 source of germs in the entire house, so I can only imagine what kinds of creepies were lurking in this giant cesspool of sponges. The whole situation made me cringe, but sometimes as a parent, you just have to let go so your kid can have some fun. I tried not to twitch too much when I caught her chewing on them.
This is where I put her in an old bumper car in the circus area. She freaked out on me a little.
It was a great morning, and we will definately be going back again!
















My mom took Connor and me there during one of our visits from Hawaii. Such a weird, bizzare place. Look forward to going back one day now that he's old enough to enjoy it. Looks like Layla had lots of fun with those sponges, lol.
ReplyDelete