Thursday, April 29, 2010

Sitting Up--Progress

So I mentioned before that we have been working with Layla on sitting. She seems to express great interest in being upright these days. She really doesn't like to lay on her back anymore unless she is being entertained with songs or diaper changes, or playing under her activity gym.

I sat her upright on the couch earlier this week because it's a nice soft surface to practice keeping her balance.


She immediately toppled to her left side.


So up again we sat.


And then she toppled over to her right side, where she immediately rolled completely over to her belly and I dropped the camera so I could catch her from falling off the couch.


But this girl learns quickly. The photo below was taken the very next day, when she held herself upright for a very long time. Now she's ready for a soda and some popcorn so she can watch movies with Mom & Dad :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker