On Sunday, April 10th, Dad, Julia, & I all ran the Go! St. Louis Half-Marathon. It was a beautiful, sunny day and the race took place downtown. Almost 17,000 people signed up to run in the marathon & half-marathon. It was Dad's first half-marathon & my 4th, and I was running a mere 9 weeks after giving birth! Here we are hanging out before the race. We had to get up really early so that we could leave the house before 6am, since the race began at 7:00.



And here we are post-race, with smiles on our faces and not feeling too miserable.
All 3 of us finished in times that we could be proud of:
Dad--2:08
Julia--2:12
Alli--2:14
The 3 of us ran together until mile 10, where I had to stop and walk for a minute because I couldn't get rid of the pain in my side. I was so glad to have them to motivate me to keep running, since I started getting side pains at mile 1.

Layla is proud of her Mom!
Allison's Mommy is very proud of Layla's Mommy and Layla's Poppa Lauchner. You both inspire me!
ReplyDelete