Thursday, April 15, 2010

See how much I've grown!

Layla is 10 weeks old today! We believe she has hit a growth spurt this week. She's been feeding all day long for the past few days now. I pulled out her blue striped onesie on Tuesday and realized that it would probably be the last time she could ever fit in it. I thought it would be a fun exercise to take a look back and see how much bigger she's gotten since birth.

This picture was taken at 2 days old, when Layla weighed about 6.5 pounds and was about 20 inches long. The onesie is super-big on her, and the socks are falling off.


These pictures were taken on Tuesday at about 10 weeks old. I put her on our home scale today and it says she weighs 11.5 pounds! In the same amount of time that Layla has gained about 5 pounds, Mom has lost 5 pounds...only a few more to go! Notice how plump her legs are. This is one healthy baby. Then I got out the tape measure and she is about 24 inches in length.


I think the only thing Layla had more of at 2 days old was hair! (But it is starting to grow back now).


2 comments:

  1. It's always amazing to see how much they've grown in such a short amount of time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! You can really see it if you try and put them in the same outfit, and they barely squeeze into it anymore.

    ReplyDelete

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker