Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Snowflake Pants



Other than Christmas-related projects, I haven't had the time or energy for much sewing lately.  Back in October or November, I whipped up a pair of toddler pants using the free kid pants pattern from one of my favorite sewing blogs, MADE.  I was at a loss with what to do with the yard of Grover-Blue-colored corduroy I salvaged from Goodwill for a few pennies, and when I found the scrap of blue & white patterened cotton, I knew they would make the sweetest pair of pants for Layla using Dana's pattern.  I call them her "Snowflake Pants" since the pattern on the pockets resembles flakes of snow in an abstract sort of way.


I just love the wide cuff on these pants, totally worth the extra effort.



Cute big cloth diaper booty!


Obsessed with licking the stirring stick from my peppermint mocha latte that Nonna brought over!



Could not get her to put the cup down, so it is in every single picture.  Starbucks is addicting, even for the under-two crowd.








I know some of you are hoping to see pictures soon of the recent birthday celebration, however I started editing this series of pictures back in November and then never posted because I got all pregnant and tired.  Lots of unfinished projects haunting me lately and just felt like finishing something I already started before moving on to something new.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love the pants. Kind of 70's in a way. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Shanna! They were super easy and fast to sew.

    ReplyDelete

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker