Saturday, August 20, 2011

JRAWR!

"Jrawr!" is Layla's word for car.  And yes, the word is always followed by an exclamation point.  The Little Tykes Cozy Coupe is the same model that I apparently mooned over as a tot back in the early '80s, but Mom & Dad were never able to give me because budgets were too tight in those days. Well, Layla now owns the car I never had.  To say she loves it would be an understatement. 

It sits in the garage beckoning to be driven every time we come or go.  For example, if I carry her into the house after a trip running errands, she points at it, whining "jrawr!, jrawr!" as we pass (while I attempt to distract her with keys or cheerios until we are safely in the house).  If my arms are full of groceries and she is walking beside me, I don't stand a chance.  She will drag it grunting through the garage and into the yard herself, shouting "jraw!".  Which always seems to coincide during a time when it is 100 degrees outside, or the yard is full of mosquitos or bees, or some other reason that it won't be pleasant to spend the minimum of 30 minutes that I know she will want to spend driving the car around.  I'm glad she has this toy car she seems to love so very much right now, even if it does mean a few more weeks of sweating in the summer heat so that she can enjoy it.











No comments:

Post a Comment

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker