Monday, August 15, 2011

Bubbles and Bobaloo

These photos are from a lovely picnic we had at the Missouri Botanical Gardens back on July 8.  A few times per year, they host a free Family Picnic night for members.  This one had face painting, cotton candy, sno cones, and entertainment (if you could call it that...more on that later!)






Mr. Potato Head (MPH) is invited to all of our picnics.





Did I mention that I wore this dress as a little girl?  The smocking is coming undone after an evening of running amuck...I will have to fix that.


Here she is waiting for the evening's entertainment.  If you have never heard of the pure awesomeness that is Bobaloo, you are seriously missing out.  Bobaloo is a children's songwriter and performer who hails from St. Louis, and has created musical genius with songs such as "The Wee Wee Dance", "Don't Pass the Gas", and "Wacka Wacka Woo".

My beef with Bobaloo is that although the picnic was planned from 6-8, he didn't have his crap together to start playing until 7:45.  But not to worry, he had his CD playing the same 4 songs over and over while he tinkered around for an hour and 30 minutes doing who knows what.  Unfortunately, Bobaloo's music sucked, and we didn't have enough wine left to compensate for listening to any more crappy songs so we decided to flee right after he went onstage.  I would recommend a ratio of 1.5 glasses of wine per person for every 30 minutes that you plan to spend listening to Bobaloo's music.


Now for some cool shots of bubbles.






I need to start taking more pictures of us adults during our outings.  Mental note for next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker