This is one of those activities that is much better in theory than in reality. The idea was to take my box full of old buttons that I keep for sewing and let her sort by color to promote color recognition, problem solving, fine motor skills, blah, blah. She knows all of her colors, so it is time to stretch her a little further. And it would occupy her so much longer than sorting her set of colored blocks. I mean, we have HUNDREDS of buttons! Unfortunately my vision of Layla happily sorting buttons for hours while I paid bills, did laundry, and cleaned up before our playgroup, was crushed after about 2 minutes when she announced she was "ALL DONE". Flinging of buttons all over the room followed shortly after.
And can you guess what happened next? Mommy spent almost 30 minutes picking up buttons and sorting them back into the tray. Next time I think we will use the blocks.


No comments:
Post a Comment