I dumped them into a colander and set up some plastic cups and washcloths for a simple color sorting activity. She got into it right away and knew exactly what to do without me even showing her.
Layla's concentration face:
My favorite part was listening to her shout "Green one!" or "Yellow one!" before dropping it into the matching cup. This occupied her for almost 20 minutes!
Next, Layla found the bag of colored pipe cleaners in the basket and I showed her how to thread buttons onto them. She thought that was the coolest. I helped her with a few and then she was able to thread some all on her own. You could just tell she was extremely pleased with herself!
This girl was obsessed with picking the proper color button to match each pipe cleaner.
After this wore off, she went into her closet and pulled out her Toy Story dress and announced that Buzz Lightyear should wear it. ("Mommy Buzz wear WoodyBuzz dress on").
We even made him a matching bracelet :)










Too cute! I love her concentration face but she has the cutest faces all the time. Hope to see you soon!
ReplyDelete