After a nice long bath in the hot cycle of our washing machine, she was as good as new (except for a dot of blue marker on her cheek that looks like it's there to stay). I asked Layla what her baby's name was, and she replied "Babydoll". She pushes this dolly all over the house in a mini-stroller, saying, "babydoll, babydoll, babydoll".
Babydoll has been hanging out naked at our house for several months now, so it's about time the poor thing needs some clothes. Besides, it's getting cold in our house! Doll clothes are expensive, though. I figured that I should be able to sew something using some leftover fabric scraps. First, she needed a diaper. I found this free pattern online and sewed it up in a few minutes, velcro and everything.
Now doesn't Babydoll look happy? I guess I need to make her a shirt or something, 'cause she still seems pretty naked.
Layla is really good at getting her diaper off, but needs my help every 5 minutes putting it back on.




No comments:
Post a Comment