Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Alice in Wonderland Dresses

About a month ago, I volunteered to sew an "Alice" party dress for the 2nd birthday of one of Layla's friends, since her mom wasn't finding any dresses she wanted online.  The Alice in Wonderland pattern was in my stash from when I went hog-wild at the fabric store clearance sale earlier this summer.  I assumed the costume would be something I could whip up in an afternoon or two during naptime, but sewing it was much more complex since the entire dress turned out to be fully-lined, with a zipper, ruffles, etc!  I admit, I did have to call my mom in for backup on a few steps, but I actually did most of it myself.  I enlisted Layla as my "fit model", since she and Annabelle are about the same size.








And here is the beautiful birthday girl, Annabelle:


And I couldn't help but turn Layla into a mini-Queen of Hearts!  I sewed and appliqued the apron, which I tied over an old Christmas dress.  Super sweet (and easy too).  I am hoping we get some more use out of this because we have like 10 Halloween costume parties and playdates to attend over the next month!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker