Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Water Play

Yesterday was my first official day as a stay at home mom (or SAHM).  One of the best things about daycare, other than the fact that Layla got so much interaction with other kids, was that each day they had little activities planned (music class, art time, storytime, etc.).  I feel it is important to keep up with little learning experiences each day, without making the day feel too scheduled or hectic, or signing up for lots of expensive classes.

We started the day with a stroller ride in the park.  After about 10 minutes, she wanted up, so I let her walk in front of me.  Unfortunately, while running after a golden retriever, she tripped and fell smack on her face and scraped up her chin very badly and it upset her very much.  I ended up carrying her the whole 1/2 mile back to the house while pushing the stroller with the other hand.  On Mondays, the public library has Baby Bookworms storytime for 30 minutes, so I wanted to try that out since it's an easy, free thing to do.  All the moms & dads and babies sit in a circle, and the storyteller reads stories and we all sing songs.  Layla loved it and kept standing up to dance every time the group would sing.

After lunch and a long nap, I had my sights set on finally getting out the water table that Layla got for her birthday.  She has been using it for months in the basement to stir wooden blocks and plastic coins around and around with the shovel and the rake, like she was making a big pot of soup.  However, this was the first time we have been able to bring it outside and fill it up with water, and she loved it.  Maybe next time we will fill the other side up with sand and see what happens...











No comments:

Post a Comment

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker