-"it's too hot out"
-"it's too rainy out
-"we have to go grocery shopping"
-"we have to get home so Luka can take a nap"
-"I have to work today"
-"we have to get home to eat lunch"
-"we are going to be late"
I finally decided enough with the excuses.
I told her that I would be going for a run through the park, and that we would make a special trip over to the flower garden. She disappeared upstairs and came down a few minutes later in her "running clothes". She prefers to run with me instead of ride in the stroller (which can be pretty annoying because there is lots of stopping and taking breaks but at the same time I love watching her because she is so darn cute the way she swings her arms real big gets all winded and sweaty just running for a minute). The girl ran for like half a mile, so I am impressed. She also stated that "Running makes you healthy and keeps you from getting a big butt. We don't want big butts, Mommy...we want our own butts!" Geez I hope this is just her being silly and not the first signs of disordered body image ;)
Then we walked across the street to the library and colored and read books together on the giant cozy beanbag chairs before heading home.
So often the simplest days are the best. I'm so glad I picked this day to say "yes" instead of "maybe another time".




No comments:
Post a Comment