This girl picked out today's outfit and got all dressed completely by herself. And the two "belts" she is wearing are Layla original designs - she had me sew them together for her this afternoon from a bunch of purple and lavender trim pieces that were leftover in my sewing stash. Stashed inside the pink disco purse is her beloved grey kitty (who is also wearing a purple dress, duh). And we are into wearing socks with sandals now to protect our feet from blisters.
I absolutely love that she is just beaming with pride over how great and put-together she thinks she looks. She pranced into the YMCA today like she owned the place. My one wish for her is that she is always this radiant and confident.
Below is yesterday's outfit. Does anyone detect a theme? All I know is that I seem to have laundered a lot of tights and legwarmers lately. Layla was extremely pleased with herself for finding a tutu and legwarmers to perfectly match her tee shirt. And the bracelet is light pink, but that's okay apparently because the hello kitty on it coordinates with her cat slippers. Under the slippers are a pair of Luka's tiny 6mo old socks because they had stripes and she had to carry on the theme all the way to her piglets.
I can't wait to see what she pulls out of the closet the rest of the week.


No comments:
Post a Comment