Friday, December 7, 2012

4 Months Old

So it's pretty obvious now that Luka is going to inherit Jeff's curly locks.  Check out the pouf on top of his head post-bath!

4 month stats:
Weight: 16 lbs (Layla was 14 lbs & 25 inches at 4 months)
Length: 27 inches

Luka is such a big boy now.  He is such a cuddler and he ADORES being held and talked to.  Being the 2nd child, I think he has figured out that he has to work a little harder to get attention...so he is all about babbling, smiling, and being cute.  When I look at him, he grabs onto my arm for dear life, erupts into this giant smile and big eyes that just seem to say, "love me, love me!"   After 3 months of being a great sleeper around the clock, we have had a period of regression that has lasted almost a month now.  For some reason he just stopped taking good naps during the day and will rarely take one longer than 30-45 minutes, so this has been an adjustment for all of us to try and figure out how to schedule our day.  I admit I haven't been as much of a stickler with the routine as I was with Layla; we would have to give up a lot of our activities and playdates for Layla in order to keep him home to nap in his crib in the mornings vs. my arms, a baby sling, or carseat.  I'm still trying to figure out what is best for all of us but fear we might have to make some sacrifices to work toward more daytime sleep again.

Luka is has gotten much stronger at holding his head up, and is still struggling to try and roll over.  I think this kid will be so happy when he can finally move around.  He LOVES baths, which he frequently takes with Layla and they both splash wildly.  He also is loving his first pureed foods, which we started giving once per day about 2 weeks ago...squash, apples, pears, and peas...he gobbles them all up and tries to take the spoon away from us and shovel the food in himself!  He is also big time into grabbing and pulling hair and jewelry, so watch out!  The only think Luka is not really a fan of right now is car rides, which is unfortunate, because we do a lot of driving each week between grandparent's houses.  Ah, if only I could teach him not to spit out his pacifier in the car!









No comments:

Post a Comment

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker