Sunday, February 6, 2011

Layla's Uglydoll Monster Ball

We threw Layla a little birthday party yesterday.  It was all inspired by her favorite little plush monster "Nandy Bear".  Layla has amassed quite a collection of her little Uglydoll pals, and they seemed a fitting theme for her 1st b-day party.


Tissue paper pom poms hung from the ceiling.  My friend Martha Stewart taught me how to make them.  When we brought Layla into the room after waking up from her nap, she said "ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh".


These are little Uglydoll badges that Jeff & I spent an entire afternoon making out of craft foam and glue.  All of the guests got to pick their favorite and pin them on for the party.



We insisted on making the cake ourselves.  Jeff & I were up until late Friday night dying icing "Nandy yellow" and piping the little creature on top.  Jeff even helped to sprinkle yellow sugar sparkles all over Nandy Bear.  Her birthday cake took us over 2 hours to decorate, but the result was well worth it, I think.  Especially because Layla squealed when she saw it.







Mom & Dad decorated some sugar cookies, which fit right along with our theme.



Plunko was at the front door to greet everyone.



And here is the birthday girl's party frock.  We bought the colorful top/legging set at Target and then cut Nandy Bear out of yellow felt and stitched him right on the front.  Days before the party, Layla would grab the shirt and smash her face into Nandy Bear and give him kisses!


Layla waiting for the guests to arrive...


Oh, well I hear Layla waking up from her nap, so I'll have to come back a little later and post the rest of the pictures...including the cake smash!








Layla's derriere...









"Ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh"






Layla meets Rody, the Italian Stallion.  I'm sorry babe, but he's the only pony Mom & Dad will ever buy you.





Cake smash













No comments:

Post a Comment

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker