Saturday, April 21, 2012

Big Yellow Bed

We finally took the plunge and put together Layla's "big girl" bed today.  It's been the plan for quite a long time that she was to transition several months before the new baby came and "stole" her crib away.  The inspiration for her bed was this $550 (yikes!!) twin bed from Land of Nod.  When I asked her several months ago what kind of new bed she would like, she of course replied "a yellow one".  My friend Brandi found an exact copy of the Jenny Lind bed frame at Goodwill for $40, and 7 cans of spray-paint later, we had this:


Original plan was to just replace the crib along the same wall with her forest mural, but when that didn't look right, we ended up re-arranging the entire room.


Of course, immediately after it was assembled, it became a trampoline instead of a bed.



Now that her "cage" is gone, I imagine we will be dealing with a LOT of this during naps/nightime.  In fact, naptime started 15 minutes ago, and I have already walked her back upstairs and re-tucked her into bed FIVE times!


All snuggy-buggy and comfy-cozy!!  I've managed to re-locate a fair amount of the buddies, stuffed animals, washcloths, and lotion bottles that she had been hoarding in her crib :)



Little bookworm.



1 comment:

  1. Awesome job! I like her bed better than the LoN one, the bigger spindle part and little detail. You got a great find. :)

    ReplyDelete

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker